· Huge Seller’s Market—Be prepared to have competing offers. Ft Collins went up 13% in value in 2015. But you haven’t missed the boat.
· Rental Market getting top dollar. If you have one you are doing well!
· Fort Collins appreciation one of the strongest in the country
· Get in Front of the inevitable—We are moving to a “customized economy”
· Mortgage Rates continue at 30-year lows w/ more pressure to go up than go down
· Movement East across I-25 for newer and custom homes w/ real mountain views
· Flight to Quality—homes w/ “real” with the use of natural materials like stone,
· wood, granite. Authentic—not plastic.
· Movement to smaller homes with more quality
· The obsession with square footage is over! —Reaction Against: ”So many houses, so big—with so little soul”
· Movement to Nature—seeking an escape from the business of the world. Outdoor living rooms, real grass, water features, landscape design.
· Focus on your Lifestyle: Ask where is 80% of your time—Answer: in 20% of your house. So emphasize on the important areas—like Kitchens & Family Rooms.
· Think in three dimensions not 2-dimensional floor plans.
· Design to nurture rather than impress. Welcome rather than overwhelm. —Don’t make your entry or foyer feel like the lobby of a public building.
· Remodel or Sell? Call me for a “Percent Recoverable” list. If you are going to remodel—the Kitchen sells the house.
· Don’t design a room that only is comfortable with a crowd.
· Don’t confuse between what is interesting and what is comfortable.
· Simplify. Simplify. Simplify. Something more resides in less. More quality, less quantity. More beauty, less bravado.
· Set your property apart from the crowd.
· Buy Value (price related to perceived quality) —not the lowest price.
· Don’t follow the media—they always magnify “downturns” and “loss”
· Especially don’t follow the “national media” They average East & West Coast —and we are often opposite e.g. When they have low appreciation; we have a rise.
Call or email me and I would be happy to do a market analysis on your home!
Colorado’s State Flower